Life History of Reshma
• Reshma was born in 1947 in Bikaner, Rajasthan, in a Banjara family.
• She has no formal education in music, but at the age of just 12 years, she was seen singing at the Shahbaz Qalander's shrine. Thereafter, her iconic song Laal Meri was recorded on the state-run Pakistan Radio. With this, she became the most popular folk singer of Pakistan.
• She appeared on the television in the year 1960 and recorded songs for not just Pakistani film industry, but also the Indian cinema.
• Some of her most popular songs also include Hai O Rabba nahion lagda dil mera and Ankhiyan no rehen de ankhyan de kol kol.
• She won various national awards such as Sitara-i-Imtiaz as well as Legends of Pakistan, by the President of Pakistan.
• She performed in India during 1980s when exchange of artists was allowed between India and Pakistan.
• Indian filmmaker Subhash Ghai used her voice in Hero which also featured her most famous song Lambi Judai.