The King’s Speech
2. The Ramon Magsaysay Award 2011 has been conferred to—
3. Who was awarded the UNESCO—Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Award for 2011 ?
4. Which Hindi author has been selected for the K. K. Birla Vyas Samman 2010 for his poetry
collection “Phir Bhi Kuch Rah Jayega” ?
Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari
5. Who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in the year 2010 ?
6. The first Indian to win Nobel Prize was—
Rabindra Nath Tagore
7. Who was awarded the UNESCO Peace Prize 2008 ?
Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
8. Julictte Binoche has begged best actress award in 63rd International Film Festival of Cannes for the film—
9. Who has been awarded the Best Younger Player Award in FIFA World Cup Football 2010 ?
10. Which Indian Scientist has had the distinction of receiving not only the Nobel Prize, but also Bharat Ratna ?
Dr. C. V. Raman
11. With what game is the name of Cara Black associated ?
12. India successfully launched its first moon mission Chandrayaan-1 ?
22nd Oct., 2008
13. Which scientist received Shantiswarup Bhatanagar Award 2009 for Mathematical Sciences ?
Dr. Mitali Mukherjee
14. India’s newly built and tested missile ‘Astra’ is meant for—
Air to air strike
15. Who has been appointed the first woman Prime Minister of Tobago ?
Kamla Prasad Bissessar
16. Who among the heading the SEBI’s Committee on Corporate governance?
17. International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected India’s GDP growth rate for 2010-11 at—
18. The person who headed U. N. Weapons Inspectors in Iraq was—
19. Who won the Miss Universe 2010 ?
20. In a historic judgement the Supreme Court asked the government to link all the rivers by—
21. Which company recently hit the business headlines for striking a historic natural gas discovery near Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh ?
22. Who became the first Indian women to cross Gobi Desert in July 2011 ?
23. How many states in the country have been chosen for a pilot project to introduce a new multipurpose national Identity Card ?
24. Which country along with India has begun its first ever joint co-ordinated patrols in the Andaman Sea to check poaching, smuggling and drug trafficking in the region ?
25. With the admission of two new members into the European Union on January 1, 2007, the membership of the organisation has now risen to—
26. The famous Akshardham Temple is situated in the city of—
27. With the admission of one new nations into the SAARC countries, the membership of the organisation has now risen to—
28. Which International Telecom Company uses the baseline ‘Intelligence Everywhere’ ?
29. The multinational company which has launched ‘Bio Colour Television’ in Indian market?
30. ‘Power’ a new variety of petrol has been introduced in the market by—
31. Who is the new President of the European Council ?
Herman Van Rompuy
32. Who was awarded the 83rd Oscar Award for the Best Director on 27th February, 2011?
Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech)
33. Name the magazine which has been circulated on the board of Indian Airlines after replacing ‘Swagat.’
37. Government of India formed a new South-Western Command of the Indian land army. With this the number of commands will be raised to—
35. Which position did Sachin Tendulkar achieve in the ICC ranking in August 2011 ?
36. ‘India’s Gateway to the World’ the famous slogan is of—
37. ‘Vision India 2020’ is a book written by—
A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
38. The company which sponsored the Wisden Indian Cricketer of the century is—
39. The centre is planning to set up the National Institute of Animal Welfare in the state of—
40. Britain’s Virgin Atlantic has ended codeshare agreement with—
41. Who has been appointed as Chairman of ICC?
42. Laura Chinchilla is—
First Woman President of Costa Rica
43. Where was the COP-15 Summit held in December 2009 ?
44. Who has been appointed the as Director General of National Investigation Agency in February 2010 ?
S. C. Sinha
45. Who is the Chief Justice of India ?
Justice Sarosh Homi Kapadia
46. The theme for the 24th National Science Day 2010 was—
Science and Technology Challenge of the 21st Century—National Perspective
47. Who is the Chief Election Commissioner of India ?
S. Y. Qureshi
48. The first World Hindi Day was celebrated for the time on—
10th January, 2007
49. Who is the newly elected President of CIC ?
A. N. Tiwari
50. Who is newly appointed President of FICCI ?
51. Who became the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand ?
52. The Nobel Laureate who is fighting to liberate the people of Myanmar is—
Aung San Suukyi
53. "India House" is located in—
54. Who was the Chief Guest at the Republic Day function on January 26, 2011 in New Delhi ?
Susilo Babang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia
55. Who was the first Prime Minister of England ?
56. Name the inventor of ATM who died recently—
John Shepherd Barron
57. What is Fahrenheit 9/11 ?
U S Film-maker Michael Moore’s film which bagged top prize in May 2004 at the Canves Film Festival
58. What is "NMD" ?
National Missile Defence Space based anti ballistic missile system being set up by the US
59. Who was the first Caliph ?
60. Whose teachings inspired the French Revolution ?
61. D-Day is the day when—
Allied troops landed in Normandy
62. The first airline to allow flyers to surf the net was—
63. World Computer Literacy Day is celebrated on—
64. Fabianism is closely related to—
65. The Bandung Conference was a major milestone in the history of—
The Non-Aligned Movement
66. Former Soviet President Mr. Mikhail Gorbachev had become popular for his policy of—
67. Who is popularly known as 'Missile Man of India' ?
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
68. The abbreviation TRAI stands for—
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
69. ‘Ramadorai Sujatha’ who was recently in news is a—
70. Who said, " Man is a Social Animal" ?
71. The Government of India in a bid to attract foreign investments into India has appointed the Investment Commission which is headed by—
72. 'Red Revolution' in China took place in—
73. Who was ruling over Pakistan at the time when Bangladesh became independent ?
74. The present Chairman of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal is—
Justice N. P. Singh
75. The first unified theatre commanded by the Indian Defence Forces has been set at—
Andaman Nicobar Islands
76. What is the full form of CMP ?
Common Minimum Programme
77. The motto of CNBC India is—
Profit from it
78. Which country has recently announced of having built the world’s highest elevated railway line ?
79. Who was awarded the 2009 Vyas Samman ?
80. ‘Daughters of Shame’ is a book written by—