Well students who heard first time about AMCAT test there first reaction is what is AMCAT. In this article you get the information about what is AMCAT test , how to prepare for AMCAT and what type of questions asked in AMCAT test.
AMCAT is a computer based test.
How to prepare for AMCAT Test
AMCAT test includes following sections-
In AMCAT Compulsory modules
1. English Comprehension
2. Quantitative Ability
3. Logical Ability
In AMCAT Optional modules
1. Computer Literacy
2. Computer Programming Principles and Application
3. Electronics and Semiconductor
4. Civil Engineering
Books for AMCAT Test
Many students asked which book i follow for AMCAT test. Which book is helpful to score good marks in AMCAT Test.
Here is a list of books which is helpful for AMCAT Test.
A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning
Test Your C Skills
Test Your C++ Skills
How to Register fo AMCAT Test
Follow the link given below and register yourself for AMCAT test
Register For AMCAT
Book your AMCAT slot online
Follow the above link if for any reason the above link is not working then visit to www.myamcat.com and register yourself for the test after registering choose the venue of test and pay online for this test.
AMCAT Question Paper And AMCAT Syllabus
AMCAT 2012 Syllabus
- 1. Synonyms/Antonyms/Word Meaning (Vocabloury)
- 2. Complete the Sentence (Grammar)
- 3. Spot error/Correct sentence (Grammar/sentence construction)
- 4. Sentence Ordering (Comprehension skills)
- 5. Questions based on passage (Comprehension skills)
- 1. Basic Math Understanding and Algrebra: Decimals, fractions, powers, HCF, LCM, Solving equations, etc.
- 2. Word Problems
- 3. Understanding of Logarithms and exponents
- 4. Permutation and Combination, Probability
- 1. Analogical Reasoning: Analogy and Classification questions
- 2. Deductive Logic: Statement-Conclusion, Statement-Assumption, Data-sufficiency type, Syllogisms, etc.
- 3. Pattern Recognition: Coding and Decoding Questions, Alphabet Test
- 4. Composition of Complex relations: Blood Relation, Direction Understanding, Logical Word Sequence
- 5. Reasoning Puzzles, Theme Detection
- a. Programming flow, Procedures, Functions and Arguments, Methods
- b. Data-types, how data is stored in computers, input/outpu, manipulation, methods of referencing and assessing data (including pointers).
- c. Iteration, decision-making, recursions
- d. Algorithm Complexity: Space and time Complexity, Asymptotic Notation
- e. Compilation, Linking and Execution; debugging, kinds of errors.
- a. Data Storage Methods: Linked lists, Arrays, Queues, Stacks, Trees, Heaps, Hash tables, graphs; Stress on which data structure to use for a given application
- b. Data retrieval, Insertion of new data, merging of data from two data structures
- c. Data search and sorting, Methods of array sorting and trade-off
- a. Classes, objects and methods
- b. Data Encapsulation, Data hiding, Inheritance
- c. Polymorphism, Overloading, Abstraction
- 1. Basic Hardware Usage, Maintenance and Organisation
- 2. Operating System Usage
- 3. Basic Software and Internet
AMCAT Practice Paper
For AMCAT sample paper just create your account in AMCAT website after sign-in you get the link of AMCAT sample paper.
AMCAT Sample Question Paper AMCAT Previous Year Question Paper
AMCAT 2012 Schedule
For amcat 2012 visit to
NOTE: If you have any questions related to AMCAT please post a comment below.