(iii) Social Science
121. The Treaty of Sreerangapattanam was between Tipu Sultan and—
(C) Warren Hastings
122. The famous Besnagar Pillar Inscription of century 150 BC refers to the great theistic cult of—
(A) Panchika and Hariti
123. What is a water hyacinth ?
(A) A weed
(B) A medicinal plant
(C) A decorative plant
(D) A highly sought after plant
124. To which of the following bills must the President accord his sanction without sending it back for recommendations ?
(A) Ordinary bills
(B) Finance bills
(C) Bills passed by both the houses of Parliament
(D) Bills seeking amendment to the Constitution
125. The amendment procedure of the Indian Constitution has been modelled on the constitutional pattern of—
(D) South Africa
126. Indian Railways tied up with which of the following to launch a co-branded card and
traveller loyalty card to tap the huge railway passengers market ?
(A) BoB card
(B) Citibank card
(C) SBI card
(D) None of these
127. Which bank advertises itself as the world’s local bank ?
(C) ICICI Bank
(D) ABN Amro
128. In which state is Silent Valley located ?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(D) Arunachal Pradesh
129. Which of the following is not a promotional and motivational measure suggested in the National Population Policy 2000 ?
(A) Reward Panchayat and Zila Parishad for promoting small family norm
(B) Incentive to adopt two child norm
(C) Couples below poverty line will be given health insurance plans
(D) Banning abortion facilities (looking at female infanticides)
130. Who said, “HANOZ DELHI DOOR AST” ?
(A) Nizamuddin Aulia
(D) None of these
131. In which of the following constitutional documents did the British Government for the first time, officially lay down as the goal of constitutional development in India, not only dominion status, but also responsible Government ?
(A) Indian Council Act, 1892
(B) Indian Council Act, 1909
(C) Government of India Act, 1919
(D) Government of India Act, 1935
132. In which state is chromite abundantly found ?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
133. For what is the Manas Sanctuary in Assam known ?
(C) Wild ass
134. The Rajya Sabha can take initiative in—
(A) Censuring a Central Minister
(B) Creating a new All India Service
(C) Considering Money Bills
(D) Appointing judges
135. Which of the following provides the largest part of the demand for loanable funds in
(A) Hire purchase borrowers
(B) Private house purchasers
(C) Corporate businesses
136. Who amongst the following was impeached in England for acts committed as Governor General of India ?
(B) Cavendish Bentinck
(D) Warren Hastings
137. The National Stock Exchange of India (NSEI) was inaugurated in—
(A) July 1992
(B) July 1993
(C) July 1994
(D) July 1995
138. One of the major towns of the Godavari region in the Satavahana kingdom was—
139. In the Islamic (Mughal) buildings that came up in India, the elements of decoration did not include—
(B) Depiction of living beings
140. Jaya is the name of a high yielding variety of—
131. (C) 132. (C) 133. (B) 134. (B) 135. (C) 136. (D)
137. (A) November 1992 (Incorporation)
April 1993 (Recognition as a stock exchange)
June 1994 (Commenced operation in the
wholesale Debt Market segment in June 1994.138. (A) 139. (B) 140. (B)