141. Choose the word opposite in meaning to ‘Dormant’—
142. Choose the word opposite in meaning to ‘Malignant’—
143. The word ‘Tacit’ means—
144. The word ‘Enunciate’ means—
145. ‘One who is well-versed in the science of languages is called a—
146. ‘A person who abstains from all kinds of alcoholic drinks’ is called a—
147. Choose the correctly spelt word—
148. Choose the misspelt word—
149. Choose what expresses the meaning of the phrase ‘a black sheep’—
(D) A family member one disapproves of
150. Choose what expresses the meaning of ‘pull the wool over one’s eye’—
151. Choose the passive voice of—‘Who ate my cheese?’
(A) By whom is my cheese being eaten ?
(B) By whom was my cheese eaten ?
(C) By whom will my cheese be eaten ?
(D) By whom was my cheese been eaten ?
152. Choose the indirect speech of—My father said, ‘Study hard’—
(A) My father scolded me to study hard
(B) My father asked me to study hard
(C) My father requested me to study hard
(D) My father said that I must study hard
153. Choose the most appropriate word to fill in the blank in the sentence—
My father is angry …… me.
154. Choose the most appropriate word to fill in the blank in the sentence—
Trust …… God, and do your duty.
155. Who wrote the poem ‘Tintern Abbey’ ?
156. Who wrote the novel ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ ?
157. Who wrote the play ‘All’s well that ends well’ ?
(B) Eugene O’Neill
158. Farmer Boldwood and Sergeant Troy are characters in the novel—
(A) The Mayor of Casterbridge
(B) Far from the Madding Crowd
(C) The Return of the Native
(D) Tess of the d’Urbervilles
159. Robert Browning was a poet of which period in literature ?
(A) Age of Reason
(B) Romantic Period
(C) Victorian Period
(D) Modern Period
160. Which of the following is not a language skill?
148. (A) 149. (D) 150. (D) 151. (B) 152. (B)
153. (B) 154. (C) 155. (C) 156. (B) 157. (D)158. (B) 159. (C) 160. (C)