HBr and HI canâ€™t be prepared by this method.
Large number of oxides having O2- is known and not O-.
the one in lower oxidation state.(PbCl4 is more covalent than PbCl2)
- A reaction with DG0<>
- An exothermic reaction is always spontaneous.
- 4f1 5d1 6s2
- 4f7 5d0 6s2. Determine the atomic number of these elements.
- Phenol and methanol
- Propan-1-ol andpropan-2-ol.
- Ca3(PO4)2 +SiO2 +C®
- Determine the bond order of N2.
- N2 and CO has same bond order, but CO is more reactive than N2. Why?
- Predict the sign of entropy change for the reaction
- You are provided with the following DrG0 values
S2 +2 O2 ® 2SO2 DrG0 = - 544 KJ/mole
2Zn +O2® 2ZnO DrG0 = - 480 KJ/mole
2Zn+ S2 ® 2ZnS DrG0 = - 293 KJ/mole
- How is potassium dichromate prepared from chromite ore?
- Write the ionic equation of the reaction involved when KMnO4 is treated withferrous sulphate solution in acid medium.
- Ni (CO)4
- [Ni (CN)4]2- Atomic number of Ni=28
- A radio active element of group 18 undergoes a decay. Determine the position ofthe new nuclide.
- Calculate the mass of 140 La in a sample whose activity is 3.7x1010Bq. Given half life of 140 La = 40 hours.
- Benzoyl chloride to benzaldehyde.
- Hex-1-ene to pentanal
- Hexane nitrile to 1-amino pentane.
- In ammonalysis of halo alkanes primary amine is the only product when NH3is taken in large excess.
- Tert amine has lower boiling point than primary amine of comparable molarmass,
- Amide formed in acylation reaction of amine, does not react further withacid halide.
- Double base propellant
- Mordant dyes
- Broad spectrum antibiotics.
- Explain corrosion of iron as an electro chemical process.
- The electrolysis of a metal salt solution was carried out by passing 4 amperesfor 45 minutes. It resulted in the deposition of 2.977g of the metal. If atomicmass of the metal is 106.4g/mole, determine the charge carried by the metal ion.
- How does conductivity and molar conductivity of an electrolyte solution vary with the dilution of the solution.
- The E0 potentials of two reduction electrodes are Cu+/ Cu = + 0.52V and Cu2+ / Cu+ = + 0.16 V. Calculate the work obtainable from the cell.
- PCl5 solid is ionic in nature.
- SF6 is resistant to hydrolysis.
- Inter halogen compounds are more reactive than halogens from which it ismade.
- per oxo mono sulphuric acid.
- PCl5 fumes in air.
- Ga is smaller in size than Al.
- PbO2 is a good oxidizing agent.
- what are lipids? Based on their chemical composition, present a classification of lipids.
- In reference to DNA molecule what do you under stand by the terms replicationand transcription.
- Define the terms (i) codon (ii) native state of protein (iii) Denaturation of protein.
- Write the name of the nucleoside which is present only in (i) DNA (ii) RNA.