Name of the Posts and Number of Vacancies
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways: 250 vacancies
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service: 66 vacancies
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services: 150 vacancies
- Medical Officers in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi: 204 vacancies
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council: 32 vacancies
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 23 April 2012 till 11:59 PM
- Tentative Date of the Written Examination (liable to change): 17 June 2012
Educational Qualification: A candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final MBBS Examination along with the rotating internship.
Age Limit (as on 1 January 2012): Maximum 32 years
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination and the Personality Test conducted by the authoritative body.
Pattern of the UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 2012
The Examination shall be conducted according to the following plan
- Part I: The Written Examination (500 marks) will comprise of two sections:
b) Part II (250 Marks): Surgery- 40 questions; Gynaecology & Obstetrics- 40 questions; Preventive & Social Medicine- 40 questions
- Part II: Candidates who qualify the written examination will undergo the Personality Test of 100 marks
Candidates are required to apply Online using the Website www.upsconline.nic.in by paying a fee of Rs 100 either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Note: SC/ ST/ Female/ PH candidates are exempted from the payment of Application Fee & candidates are required to apply online only. No other mode is allowed for submission of applications