2. The largest city in India is :
(C) Indira Point
3. The southern most tip of India is :
(C) Indira Point
4. In which city is the country’s largest stadium located?
5. Who was the oldest person to become the Prime Minister of India?
(A) Charan Singh
(B) Morarji Desai
(C) H. D. Deve Gowda
(D) P. V. Narasimha Rao
6. Which was the first feature film shown on the TV in colour?
(B) Mother India
(C) Shatranj Ke Khiladi
7. In which city is the country’s largest prison located?
8. Which is the largest orange-growing state?
(D) Madhya Pradesh
9. Who was the first Indian to win an individual Olympic medal?
(A) Norman Pritchard
(B) Milkha Singh
(C) Leander Paes
(D) P.T. Usha
10. Which is India’s largest religious community?
11. Which is the largest chilli-producing state?
(B) Jammu & Kashmir
(D) Andhra Pradesh
12. Name the first Indian soap opera which was telecast from July 1984 to December 1985.
(A) Hum Log
13. In which state is the longest canal located?
14. In which city was the first engineering college set up?
15. Which regiment of the Indian Army has won the heighest number of gallantry awards?
(A) Rajputana Rifles
(B) Punjab Regiment
(C) Madras Regiment
(D) Sikh Regiment
16. In which city was the first underground bazar constructed?
17. Who was the first Indian President to cast his vote in a General Election while in office?
(A) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(B) Dr. S.D. Sharma
(C) K. R. Narayanan
(D) R. Venkataraman
18. In which year did All India Radio begin broadcasting news?
19. In which city was the first milk powder plant set up?
20. Who among the following was not a Vice-President?
(2A) Gulzarilal Nanda
(B) Gopal Swarup Pathak
(C) B. D. Jatti
(D) M. Hidayatullah
1. (C) 2. (A) 3. (C) 4. (A) 5. (B) 6. (C) 7. (D) 8. (A) 9. (A) 10. (B)
11. (D) 12. (A) 13. (A) 14. (A) 15. (D) 16. (A) 17. (C) 18. (B) 19. (A) 20. (A)